With Modbus TCP, the measured values of a device can be queried directly via the network connection. No detour via the cloud is necessary.
To activate Modbus TCP you need a smart-me Professional subscription
Activate Modbus TCP
- Log in on the smart-me website or in the smart-me app.
- Select the desired device
- Click on "edit"
- Switch on "Modbus TCP" under the "Advanced Settings"
Find the address of the device
To read a device with Modbus TCP, you need to know the address of this device. The smart-me devices obtain the IP address from the local DHCP server. There are two ways to find the address:
- Enable DNS: The easiest way to connect to a smart-me device in the local network is to enable the automatic DNS update. More information: Dynamic DNS
- Configure DHCP / Router Server: Another way to find out the IP address of a smart-me meter is to look it up on your router or DHCP server. Search for an entry with a MAC address which begins with "D0 :".
Modbus TCP Protokoll
TCP Port: 502
The smart-me Meter supports the following Modbus functions:
- Read Holding Register (Code 03)
For historical reasons the address in Modbus is 1 lower than the internal register address. So the start address has to be (Registeraddress - 1)