If / Then Action
Each smart-me device in your account can be used to automatically control energy flows. There are two options to automatically control energy flows:
- Event-related Actions are independent from an internet connection. Moreover, the complexity of the Event-related Actions is restricted.
- IF-THEN Actions provide a wider range of possibilities. However, they are dependent on an internet connection.
IF-THEN Action are available for users with a Professional or Limited Subscription.
The Event-related Actions do not depend on a Wifi connection. Up to 16 Event-related Actions can be saved on the Plug and Single Phase Meter. They can be created in the smart-me app or on the smart-me website. Event-related actions are caused by a single event (trigger). Possible triggers for Event-related Actions are:
- Temperature below/above x
- Power lower/higher than x
- Only for the Plug: Push of the button
- Alarm message (email)
- Switch on/off current of the device itself or a different device
Create Event-realated action
Event actions can be created in the app or web portal.
- Log in to your smart-me user account
- Choose a plug or a meter
- Now click on the gear on the upper right edge
- Click "Event Actions" - "Add Event Action"
- Log in to the weblogin
- Click on the desired counter
- Click on "Edit" on the right
- Click Add Event Action
- Define event action
Now event actions can be defined (up to 16). For this, three settings must be made:
Event -> As soon as this happens, the action is triggered
Action -> Defines what should be done when the event occurs
Name -> The name of the event action
An unlimited number of IF-THEN Actions can be defined. Since the IF-THEN Actions are saved on the Cloud, the device needs to have a working WiFi connection. All smart-me devices can be controlled with IF-THEN Actions.
- IF-THEN Actions can only be defined on the smart-me website
- Multiple triggers can be defined and linked to each other ("and" as well as "or" connections are possible)
- More than one action can be defined
- A group of meters can be controlled
- Connection monitoring
- Monitoring of a meter stop
Create IF / THEN action
It is only possible to create and configure If-Then-Actions on the smart-me website. Create as many actions since they are saved on the smart-me Cloud. The smart-me devices require a internet connection to trigger the actions.
- Log in to our website with your username and password
- Click on Configuration
- Click on the tile "IF/THEN Actions"
- Click the "+" icon to create a new action or click on an existing one to edit it.
Requirements for working IF / THEN actions
- At least one IF event must be defined because it triggers the action. If multiple IF events have been defined, these can be linked with "AND" as well as "OR" commands.
- At least one then action must be defined. If multiple "then-actions" have been defined, they will all be executed at the same time as the if-condition (s) have been met.
- A name for this action